Exercises with bare infinitive, to infinitive and gerund
Pay attention to differences.
  1. She went to the post office............................(collect) her parcel.
  2. My friend invited me................................(join) them.
  3. Have you decided where................................(go) for Christmas?
  4. Do you remember what................................(buy)?
  5. I would prefer.................................(be) on holiday instead of............................(work).
  6. If anything happens, you’ll be the first..............................(know).
  7. It was a great pleasure................................(meet) you.
  8. I prefer...................................(swim) to.................................(play) footbal.
  9. I found her............................(sleep) on the sofa.
  10. They left me.............................(wait) in the rain for half an hour.
  11. I remember.................................(visit) Berlin in 1982.
  12. Don’t forget ............................(go) to the supermarket.
  13. I was writing a letter, but I stopped ....................................( answer) the phone.
  14. They had a major argument and stopped.............................(talk) to each other.
  15. The manager does not allow.............................(smoke) in the office.
  16. The manager doesn’t allow anyone.....................(smoke) in the office.
  17. If you want to get rid of your sore throat, try........................(drink) something hot.
  18. It started.............................(rain) an hour ago.
  19. Be quiet! The lecturer is beginning........................(speak).
  20. He was strong enough...................(lift) it.
  21. He used to........................(work) harder in the past.
  22. I am used to.......................(ride) a bike.
  23. I saw him........................(cross) the street.
  24. We expected them...........................(lose) the game.
  25. They saw them...........................(walk) along the street.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog