Choose the correct form of the PAST CONTINUOUS TENSE:

1. The children ________ outside.
  a) were playing   b) was playing
2. The dog ________ at us. 
  a) were barking   b) was barking
3. My teacher ________ the exercise to me.
  a) were explaining   b) was explaining
4. I ________ to my mp3 player.
  a) were listening   b) was listening
5. Those people ________ towards the library.
  a) were walking   b) was walking
6. The cook ________ a tasty meal.
  a) were preparing   b) was preparing
7. I ________ to fix my computer. 
  a) were trying    b) was trying
8. My friend and I ________ basketball.
  a) were playing   b) was playing
9. The police officers ________ the thief. 
  a) were chasing    b) was chasing
10. My sister and my brother ________. 
  a) were singing    b) was singing


 Answers

1)a   2)b   3)b   4)b   5)a   6)b   7)b   8)a   9)a  10)a

Comments

Popular posts from this blog