Activity for City & Guilds Writing


Correct the following sentences.

1. I think its time to call it a day.
2. How good do you speak English?
3. I like that teacher. She is well.
4. She speaks well French.
5. She has got longer hair then I have.
6. He attributed the failure of the project to it’s lack of appeal to the masses.
7. Their is a bridge across the river.
8. They sent more food then I had ordered.
9. Do you know anybody whose going to London in the next few days?
10. Who’s coat is this?



Answers
1. I think it’s time to call it a day.
2. How well do you speak English?
3. I like that teacher. She is good.
4. She speaks good French.
5. She has got longer hair than I have.
6. He attributed the failure of the project to its lack of appeal to the masses.
7. There is a bridge across the river.
8. They sent more food than I had ordered.
9. Do you know anybody who’s going to London in the next few weeks?
10. Whose coat is this?
Notes
It’s is the contracted form of it is or it hasIts is a possessive form like his and her.
Whose is the possessive form of whoWho’s means who is or who has.
Than is used to form comparative sentences. Then is an adverb.
Good is an adjective. It is used to modify a noun. Well is an adverb. It is used to modify a verb.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog