Simple Present Tense

 

 Simple Present Tense with Verb ‘be’ (positive)

 

I  am                                           He is

We are                                        She is

You are                                       It is

They are                                     Ruwan is/ cat is / sona is

Students are

 

1. I __ a student.                                                               

2. He __ hungry.

3. She __ happy.

4. We __ late.

5. They __ from England.

6. It __ very cold today.

7. She __ in the living room.

8. We __ playing computer games.

9. He __ watching the TV.

10.I __ not feeling well.

11.It __ a tiger.

12.I __ 24 years old.

13.She __ from France.

14.We __ friends.

15.You __ a teacher.

Present Simple Tense With ‘be’ (Negative).

 Change the following sentences into negative

I am a student.

I am not a student.

 

1.     He is hungry.

 

2.     She is happy.

 

3.     We are late.

 

4.     They are from England.

 

5.     It is very cold today.

 

6.     She is in the living room.

 

7.     We are playing computer games.

 

8.     He is watching TV.

 

9.     I am not feeling well.

 

10.It is a tiger.

 Simple Present Tense (Positive)

Fill in the blanks to make present simple sentences.

 

1. He _____ (wake) up at 8am everyday.

2. She _____ (go) to school by bus.

3. I _____ (like) reading comic books.

4. He _____ (like) playing computer games.

5. They _____ (come) from Spain.

6. I _____ (love) painting.

7. He _____ (leave) the house at 8am every morning.

8. We _____ (go) to the park on weekends.

9. I _____ (drink) coffee when I am tired.

10. The train _____ (leave) at 1 o’clock.

11. She _____ (speak) English very well.

12. I _____ (play) tennis in the evenings.

13. He _____ (keep) laughing.

14. They _____ (eat) grass and plants.

15.I _____ (study) English everyday.

 


 

Present Simple Tense (Negative)

 

Change the following sentences into negative.

 

1.     I live in London.

 

2.     Craig works in a bank.

 

3.     He gets up at 8 o’clock.

 

4.     She studies English everyday.

 

5.     We like to watch sports.

 

6.     They play soccer at the weekends.

 

7.     I play the guitar well.

 

8.     Sally likes broccoli.

 

9.     He walks to work.

 

10.She practices the piano everyday.

 

 

Present Simple Tense (Interrogative)

Do/Does

 

Do you compose songs?

Yes, I do

No, I do not (don’t)

 

Does Sri Lanka export tea to other countries?

Yes, Sri Lanka does

No, it does not (doesn’t)

 

Make questions with Do/Does

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

Interrogative with WH questions.

 

What/where/when/who/which/why/whom

 

What does he do for a living?

Where do you go at weekend?

When do they get the vacation?

Why does he make cages?

Which language is easier to learn?

Who does he want to meet?

Whom do you like to travel with?

 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog