QUESTION WORDS


How

How are you? I’m fine
How do you make the cake? I make it using some eggs, sugar and flour.
How much

How much does it cost? It costs seventy rupees
How much sugar do you need for the cake? I need one kilo of sugar
How many

How many students are there in your classroom? There are twenty-one
How old

How old are you? I’m 24 years old
How often

How often do you go to the dentist? I go once a year
How far

How far is the bus station? It’s 200 metres
How long

How long have you been waiting for? I’ve been waiting for twenty minutes
How wide

How wide is the river Thames? It’s 826 [1]ft wide
How high (things)

How high is the Mount Everest? It’s 29,029 ft high
How tall (people)

How tall are you? I’m 5 ft 11 [2]in
How heavy

How heavy is that box? It’s seven [3]lb
How deep

How deep is that pond? It’s 6 ft deep
What

What is this? It’s a pencil
What … for

What did you buy that for? I bought that for the party
What kind

What kind of music do you like? I like pop music
What … like (personality)

What is Helma like? She’s friendly
What … look like (physical appearance)

What does Hema look like? She’s tall and good looking
What time

What time is it? It’s half past eleven
What time do you get up? I get up at eight o’clock
When

When is your birthday? It’s on 5th November
Where

Where do you live? I live in Bambalapity
Which

Which train did Hema catch? She caught the 7.15 train
Who

Who is that girl? She’s my daughter
Who won the race? Saman
Who were you talking to? I was talking to my teacher
Whose

Whose book is this? It’s Tilak’s
Whose is this book?
Why (because)

Why did you arrive late? I arrived late because I missed the bus.



Comments

Popular posts from this blog