Complete the following sentences using appropriate conjunctions.
1. He is not as clever ………………………………… his younger brother.
2. He will be punished …………………………………… he is guilty.
3. He was not punished …………………………………… he was guilty.
4. He was not punished …………………………………. he was not guilty.
5. Give everyman thy ear, …………………………………. few thy voice.
6. He will die someday ………………………………….. all men are mortal.
7. He worked hard …………………………………. he might pass the examination.
8. I waited for him ………………………………….. the clock struck eleven.
9. It has been years …………………………… I last saw you.
10. Hardly had he reached the station ………………………………… the train came.
11. All men were against Dr. Johnson ………………………………. he persevered.
12. Send me a message ……………………………. I will come at once.



Answers
1. He is not as clever as his younger brother.
2. He will be punished if he is guilty.
3. He was not punished though he was guilty.
4. He was not punished because he was not guilty.
5. Give everyman thy ear, but few thy voice.
6. He will die someday, for all men are mortal.
7. He worked hard so that he might pass the examination.
8. I waited for him till the clock struck eleven.
9. It has been years since I last saw you.
10. Hardly had he reached the station when the train came.
11. All men were against Dr. Johnson but he persevered.
12. Send me a message and I will come at once.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog